Monday 27 June 2011

"Are you Bahamian?" -"Do I look Bahamian?"


First day of Week 2! We had about 35 kids today. I'd say about half of them are new. Turns out Alyssa didn't come back. I have to admit, I'm kind of sad. But it wasn't even an hour before I had new shadows. I have to get pictures of this girl, Dara. She's the cutest thing I've ever seen. She's 8, but she's the size of a 6 year old, with this hilarious smile. Kamryn is another girl, 9? who is my new best friend. She was extremely upset when I didn't get to sit with her on the bus to the beach. Zion, who was there last week has now hitched himself to me. He's so freaking cute. He's missing his front teeth and he has a gash on his forehead and I can't help but smile every time he comes my way. Today while riding my back at the beach he told me I was his best friend (:
So to recap this weekend: Friday night we had the party. Saturday was a birthday party here at the ALC. Eric, Tex, and I helped them set up, give horse rides, train ride, and the petting farm tour. It was boring. Although I found out that puppet shows are definitely NOT my forte. I'll leave that area to Jacob. Yikes. Anyway, yesterday we went to church (and were late because Eric had to feed the animals). We went back to Bahamas Harvest. Apparently next week is staring their new series about Bahamian identity. This should be interesting. And possible awkward. haha. After church Eric, Tex, and I hung out at my house and we made grilled cheese while Tex played some worship songs. Then we went to the canals for a bit. Tex and Eric jumped off the cliffs and trees until Tex got caught in the current and couldn't swim anymore because he was so tired. Then last night Tex and I watched Thor. It was kind of disappointing actually.
Anyway, that's what's been happening. (:

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've been a very busy girl! I'm looking forward to your next adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are exhausting me with your stories! Can't wait for the photos of Dara and the others!

    ReplyDelete