Tuesday 14 June 2011

"No hiccuping on campus!"

Hey guys! So I made here alive! The Bahamas is just as beautiful as I remembered, if not a little hotter. 93 degrees at 5 in the evening.
We got here yesterday at around 4, but I haven't had the chance to get online. Flights went well and everything ran smoothly. Had dinner at Mark's house (the director of the ALC) and met the Calvary missionaries, Eric and Tex. Unpacked and settled in last night in my own little house (With Stacie for a week at least).
Today started with devotions. Then we had a meeting for the summer program staff: Jakeel, Tina, Janeeka, Latisha, Ramel, Raven, and like two others I can't remember, plus Eric and Tex. After that joined in on the last school day program. So I basically did the same as over Spring Break today. Then helped paint a porch, clean bathrooms, and clean the hamster/gerbil cages. It's funny how I don't really care what I'm doing here. Willing to clean bathrooms? What is this? Don't get any funny ideas, mom! (;
Anyway, Stacie and I are about to head out. I'll update (with pictures?) later in the week. The next few days we're just getting ready for the camp to start on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean, don't get any ideas? You were way too late with that one! I expect the 3 weeks before you go back to school to have spotless bathroom! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to hear from you. I'm so glad you made it there safely. I'll be following along, and I can't wait to hear more about your life in paradise! HUGS

    ReplyDelete