Thursday 23 June 2011

"Hannah Montana is bad. She just wants to give her body to all the boys!"

So nothing spectacular has happened since last post. We went to the beach again yesterday, and about 50% of the children (basically all the boys and a couple girls) call be Katy Perry. One boy, Dwight, keeps asking me to sing Firework for him. I told him I charge $100. Yesterday, when I walked up to the playground, Alyssa and Courtney come running to the fence yelling "Katie! Katie!" Today, they were standing by the gate talking to Alyssa's mom (Courtney is her cousin). When I walked up, it was the usual chorus of "Katie! Katie!" And then Alyssa's mom laughs and says "So this is Katie? It's nice to meet you. I've heard your name a lot in the past couple days!" It felt good to not only be loved, but talked about a lot (;
Today after lunch during our fun time, we had water sports. We blew up this giant inflatable slide and got out the hoses, water balloons, water guns/squirters, and sprinklers. It was a LOT of fun. I can't even tell you how many times I had a bucket of water dumped over my head. One of the older girls told me that everyone loves me and that you can tell by how often someone said "hurry and fill my bucket! I have to go get Katie wet!" It's so funny.
Anyway, I got really sunburned today. Like, I have legitimate lines from my cami and my swimsuit. It's really bad. It doesn't hurt (yet) but it looks ridiculous. Tomorrow is the end of the first week! Unfortunately, it's also Alyssa's last day. And probably a lot of the other kids' too. That will be depressing, because I was getting attached. The camp is 6 weeks, but you can stay for as long as you want, one week or 6. Alyssa was supposed to stay the whole summer but now she I guess has to go back to Florida. We'll see how many of the others stick around...

1 comment:

  1. Awww...that must be hard getting attached and then they leave. But it sounds like you are having a blast! And we've been saying your name a lot also...and yes, it IS because we love you!

    ReplyDelete